Thursday, October 6, 2011

Matches in the Bathroom . . .

Matches in the bathroom . . . you know why!

I'm going to address this topic with as much tact as I can, I promise I will resist the urge to make funny jokes about toots and fluffs! haha Not counting that one . . . calling them toots is kinda funny!

With guests coming over for the weekend I wanted to make sure that our powder room had all the necessities to make them feel comfortable. Under the sink is a lot of extra toilet paper,and  a small container with some tampons, Tylenol, tums, floss, etc . . . I do that just so no one feels uncomfortable asking.

This year I thought I would add a little jar of matches. Our powder room is a good distance from the main living area but I still like to avoid any, if not all potential embarrassing situations for our guests.

I took a small candle holder from the dollar store ($1), and I added matches ($1). Now for the lighting part of them, there are two options . . . 1) cut a piece of sandpaper and glue it to the jar. 2) I took the strip from the side of the box and stuck it on using a command adhesive strip.

So for $2 we have a cute little bathroom accessory. I also thought this would be cute during the winter on the fireplace mantel . . . clearly for a totally different purpose! :)

19 comments:

1. Simply LKJOct 6, 2011 04:54 AM
    My mother always kept matches in the bathroom (at least the ones the didn't use...don't want to start any fires!!). I love this idea.
  2. Simply LKJOct 6, 2011 04:55 AM
    Meant to say, "the ones the kids didn't use".
  3. creole wisdomOct 6, 2011 05:47 AM
    This is great, clever and funny all at the same time :)

How thoughtful to think of your guests! I love the little kit you've provided for them, too :)
  4. Lekker Leven Met MinderOct 6, 2011 06:04 AM
    Great idea! I'll make one myself for the mantelpiece, much nicer than a box :-)
  5. amandaOct 6, 2011 06:21 AM
    ummm, i hate to be oblivious here, but what are matches for in a bathroom??
  6. ❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀Oct 6, 2011 06:22 AM
    I see that type of display in bar bathrooms. Great idea, and looks more attractive than an aresol can sitting on the counter.
  7. Lauren E. DouglasOct 6, 2011 06:24 AM
    Yeah I agree with Amanda... I don't really get why there are matches in a bathroom? I don't know if I'm totally oblivious but I can't think of anything other than lighting a fart on fire, lol, which would actually not be good. Lol.
  8. MommaHenOct 6, 2011 06:38 AM
    I want to come to your house, you sound like the perfect host! Half the time , I don't have hand towels in the guest bathroom!
  9. His Way or Her WayOct 6, 2011 07:14 AM
    The matches are for eliminating "embarrassing" odors. Cute idea and it's looks great!
  10. ReenieOct 6, 2011 08:32 AM
    Great idea. Love the lil pot.....I have one from Home Depot ;)
  11. mtashieOct 6, 2011 09:41 AM
    I love this idea! I always knew matches would do the "trick", but I've never thought how to actually put them in the bathroom as part of the decor. I'm so doing this! I know I would appreciate having this available to me in the event of an...ummm..."attack" shall we say? Thanks for the idea!
  12. KelliOct 6, 2011 12:21 PM
    I love that pot and plant...what kind of plant is that? This is a great idea for the matches. When I saw the first picture I wondered what that strip was...I thought maybe you were covering a name or something. I get it now :)
  13. To The Moon and BackOct 6, 2011 01:08 PM
    Great idea! On my list of to-do's.
  14. GinaEOct 6, 2011 02:26 PM
    So great Ashli. Your home is so inviting and lovely, your guests will have a wonderful time.
    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!! Show us what your table looks like after you get it all decked out for dinner.
  15. BeckyOct 6, 2011 04:34 PM
    Thoughtful hostess! :) Ash, what kind of plant is that? Hope you have a fantastic weekend! I work the whole thing including Monday so eat some pie for me! xoxo

Becky :)
  16. a Bug and BirdOct 6, 2011 06:14 PM
    i love the tiny ways you find to make life at home more luxurious!
  17. IrisOct 6, 2011 08:07 PM
    Simply genius!
  18. 1 Funky WomanOct 6, 2011 09:58 PM
    What a wonderful idea and so much better than smelly Lysol. Also discreet, compared to the sound of the can!

Mgan
  19. AnonymousOct 12, 2011 10:05 AM
    I am afraid, considering some (sorry to admit, MOST) of my outlaws, that if we were to have a family gathering and matches were left in the bathroom we would end up all in smoke, perhaps by accident, perhaps not!! BUT for most normal families I think this is a GREAT and thoughtful idea!

Louise
    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...