But what makes this recipe extra amazing is that it is so fast and so easy, seriously 5 minutes of prep! We like to serve ours over rice, but it would be equally good over noodles, (maybe even better), and for a vegetable I just chopped up some red peppers on the side.
Asian Garlic Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breast (or substitute chicken thighs)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 cloves minced fresh garlic
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup gingerale (you can substitute sprite, 7 up)
1/2 tsp – 1 tsp red pepper flakes (*optional, adjust to personal tolerance for spice)
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp cornstarch
1) Combine vinegar, garlic, sugar, soy, pepper flakes and gingerale in crock pot. Mix until sugar has dissolved (this doesn’t take more than 1 minute).
2) Now, place chicken into crock pot with liquid.
3) Turn crock pot to high and cook for 4 hours! (You can also turn the crock pot to low and cook for 8 hours),
4) When the chicken in ready (after 4 hours on high) pull the chicken out and cut into chunks. Take the liquid from the crock pot and pour it into a small sauce pot on the stove. Bring liquid to a boil. Mix water and cornstarch together and pour into liquid. Heat until the sauce is thickened (feel free to add more cornstarch and water if you would like your sauce thicker).
6) Come back and let us know if you loved it as much as we do!!!